HMRC have confirmed that the Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will launch online on 26th May 2020.
The scheme will enable small and medium-sized employers with fewer than 250 employees to claim coronavirus-related Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).
If you are a Hillmans payroll client we will be to make the claim on your behalf.
Employers are eligible to use the scheme if:
• they are claiming for an employee who’s eligible for sick pay due to coronavirus
• they had a PAYE payroll scheme in operation before 28 February 2020
• they had fewer than 250 employees across all PAYE schemes on 28 February 2020
• they are eligible to receive State Aid under the EU Commission Temporary Framework.
The repayment will cover up to two weeks of the applicable rate of SSP, and is payable if a current or former employee was unable to work on or after 13th March 2020 and entitled to SSP, because they either:
• have coronavirus
• are self-isolating and unable to work from home
• are shielding because they have been advised that they’re at high risk of severe illness from coronavirus.
To prepare to make a claim, employers should keep records of all the SSP payments they wish to claim for.
For more information about eligibility and the claim process go to: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-back-statutory-sick-pay-paid-to-employees-due-to-coronavirus-covid-19